5:30PM - 6:30PM
SBInc. is a student comprised, student-run group working toward the unification of the student body by supporting clubs, groups and events. Any student can propose an event, club or group. SBInc will review and discuss proposals and offer funding for approved proposals. SBInc. membership is open to all students. Regularly attending members have the authority to vote on proposals and determine how funds are distributed. If you have an idea on how to make SMFA more fun, SBInc. is your place!
5:00PM - 6:00PM
Main Building, 2nd floor conference room
Program starts promptly at 5 pm - snacks & beverage provided! Students seeking internships in socially-engaged practices and creative entrepreneurship encouraged to attend. Internships available for credit or non-credit.
55:20 pm - MICHAEL SHERIDAN, Artist/Filmmaker, Community Supported Film
5:306 pm - TRICIA ROSE BURT, Artist/Writer/Performer, SMFA alumna
7:00PM - 10:00PM
Main Building, Atrium
SMFA is pleased to host the January ProArts Collaborative Social. There will be free food and entertainment. Please bring work to share with other students from ProArts SchoolsBerklee, MassArt, Emerson, BAC, Boston Conservatory. Get involved, make connections, broaden your horizons!
One Day Only!
Mission Hill Building, C203 (Photo Shoot Room)
Three artists will be selected for a substantial award and the opportunity to exhibit their work at SMFA. Eligibility: All full-time SMFA students are eligible to apply.
- Artists must submit three (3) works
- Jurors will make their first cut on the basis of the three pieces you submit (consistent strength of artist)
- Final selection will be of one piece per artist
- Three (3) Dana Pond Award winners will be selected
- While the award is in painting, jurors are encouraged to interpret this category as fluidly as they wish (so you may choose to do the same)
- Award recipients will receive a substantial cash prize and their work will be included in the "Graduating Students and Award Recipients" exhibition opening May 2012
- **You must absolutely respect the drop-off and pick-up times. There is a very narrow window for the jury to make its selections, and unfortunately we cannot accept work outside of this time frame under any circumstances without damaging the integrity of the process.