SMFA Commencement Ceremony
The commencement ceremony for SMFA at Tufts students will take place at the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, on Sunday, May 21, 2017. The ceremony begins at 6:00 pm. Students should arrive at 5:00 pm to line up.
Graduation announcement cards are available if you would like to mail them to family and friends. Students may pick up announcement cards on Thursday, April 6 from 12:00 noon to 2:00 pm.
Tickets are required to attend the SMFA graduation ceremony at the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston. There is a limit of four guest tickets per student. Students must get a ticket for themselves online in order to attend, and can get up to four guest tickets at that time. Tickets are available here.
After May 1, families will be able to request additional tickets, if they are available, until capacity is reached.
Congratulations on the achievements of the 2017 class, and we look forward to sharing this special event.
Information for Graduating Students
All Graduating Students must pick up a marching card in advance of the ceremony at SMFA Student Services. Marching cards will be available from Tuesday, May 16 to Thursday, May 19, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- You will receive two marching cards, one for each Phase of the ceremony.
- The Phase I card (white) is for the morning ceremony in Medford. It is used along with your ID to pick up your Diploma.
- On the Phase II card (yellow), please print your name as you would like your name to be read as you march across stage. This card is to be filled out in SMFA Student Services. We will collect the card and return it to you as you line up for Phase II at the MFA.
If you are a BFA student and plan to attend the luncheon that immediately follows Phase I, luncheon tickets are available for pick up in Student Services.
Please note: All outstanding holds must be cleared in order to receive your marching card. This includes Bursar, Media Stockroom and Library holds.
You will need your marching card and Tufts ID to pick up your diploma.
- MFA, Combined-Degree, BFA graduates: Diplomas will be distributed in Dowling Hall immediately following Phase I of Commencement, until 4 p.m. Diplomas will also be available at the Student Services Desk in Dowling Hall the following week between Monday, May 22, and Friday, May 26, from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Post Baccalaureate, Diploma students: Diplomas will be distributed at SMFA Student Services beginning at 9 a.m. on Monday, May 22 and on Friday, May 26, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Phase I Commencement Ceremony in Medford
Visit http://commencement.tufts.edu/ for information on the Phase I commencement ceremony. Phase I lunch tickets will be available for pick up at SMFA Student Affairs.
- Shuttle service between the Medford and Fenway campuses will not be available on Sunday, May 21st
Phase II Commencement Ceremony at the Museum of Fine Arts
Tickets are required for the SMFA Phase II ceremony at the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston. Tickets are available by logging in to www.tuftstickets.com. Please print your tickets in advance of the ceremony.
- Enter on the Fenway side of the Museum. Graduates should arrive by 5 p.m. to begin lining up. The ceremony will begin at 6pm in the Shapiro Courtyard.
- Parking is available in the Museum of Fine Arts Garage on Museum Way for a discounted rate of $15.