You may choose one of the following three methods of submitting your electronic portfolio. Your portfolio must consist of 10
15 recent examples of your work (still imagery) and/or up to 10 minutes of time-based work. We have no specific requirements regarding content or media. Please show us pieces that represent your unique voice. Note: Your application must be in process before you submit your portfolio.
Preparing Your Electronic Portfolio (still imagery) on CD / DVD / USB
- Submit a CD / DVD / USB (additional instructions below).
- Provide a URL with content clearly labeled as your SMFA portfolio. Type the URL in the space provided on the online application.
- Upload images to our online portfolio submission portal: https://smfa.slideroom.com/. Please follow directions provided once you register.
Preparing Your Electronic Time-Based Portfolio (video, film, animation, performance, and installation work) on DVD / USB
- All images must be submitted as individual JPEG files or in a non-timed PowerPoint.
- All JPEG file names must list your last name, first name, and then a two-digit number that corresponds with your portfolio inventory list (for example: SmithJohn01.jpg).
- Each image file must be no larger than 2MB and in cross-platform format (both Mac and PC compatible).
- Test your disc or USB before sending and include only those files that you wish to be reviewed.
- We accept work that is finalized in QuickTime (preferred), MPEG, or Flash files and in cross-platform format (both Mac and PC compatible).
- Titles of the piece(s) and your name must be included in the introduction of your work on the DVD.
- Include a brief description of the work, what part you took in it, and when it was created in your portfolio inventory list.
- If a piece is a collaborative work, briefly explain your contribution in your portfolio inventory list.
- Limit time-based presentations to no longer than 10 minutes.
CDs, DVDs and USBs may be mailed to:
230 The Fenway
Boston, MA 02115