SMFA WRITING STUDIO
Come and discuss your writing and research projects one-on-one with a scholar-writer consultant at any stage of your thinking, planning, writing, or revising process. Through focused discussion, the Writing Studio consultants will help you acquire the skills that will enable you to improve your writing and to succeed on your own. Please note that with our increased hours this year, we are now holding consultation sessions at Mission Hill and at the SMFA Library.
The Writing Studio can you help you determine:
- What is the best way to begin a writing or research project?
- How should I find and incorporate useful and appropriate sources?
- What are the best ways to develop and organize my ideas?
- How can I be sure I have shaped a viable argument or thesis?
- How can I learn to edit, revise, and polish my own work?